Jonathan Knight is an engineer with expertise in networking, connectivity, data communications and data centers. His education and experience have positioned him at the pinnacle of transformational information technology, with a clear view of further innovations on the horizon. Having the ability to dismantle complex projects into small, manageable tasks, he leverages Advantage Technology’s cross-functional teams and achieves thorough and rapid results.
Among the first to graduate with an accredited dual engineering degree from West Virginia University, Jonathan earned B.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering simultaneously. From there he entered the workforce as a lead network engineer for several Fortune 500 companies. This landed him on the cusp of the massive information technology expansion of the Internet age, and he’s been on the leading-edge since.
In 2012, Jonathan joined Advantage Technology as the Customer Solutions Director where he designs information systems and network architecture, then oversees their installation and management. His expertise extends to WAN/LAN/MAN, VPN technologies, wireless LANs, remote/extranet access, internet/extranet firewalls, vendor diversity, host load balancing and cellular networks.
- Enabled fast paced growth by designing and upgrading data center core technologies, air conditioning, cable/rack layouts, UPS and generator in less than a year.
- Increased operational stability and availability in the network infrastructure with standards based wiring practices and up-to-date equipment in the core and remote sites.
- Expert in resolving complex/critical connectivity problems including performance problems, application access and intermittent issues.
- Reduced overall network/telecom costs by proactively managing and negotiating contracts.
- Resolved remote site WAN/LAN/MAN connectivity with the utilization of TLANS, broadband and T1s.
- Provided business continuity in a disaster scenario by designing and implementing large scale, cost-effective disaster recovery connectivity and services.
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- B.S. (Dual Discipline), Electrical and Computer Engineering, May 1994