As a Systems Administrator at Advantage Technology, I primarily work to oversee the daily operations and needs of Seneca Coal Resources’ Pinnacle Mining operation near Pineville, WV. Rather than focusing on one or two key areas, I handle the comprehensive, end-to-end IT support including workstations, servers, printers, telecommunications, etc. and work to provide new solutions that drive efficiencies. Much of the work at Pinnacle requires hands-on support and the employees love having a daily presence or face of IT representation at the site to address needs quickly and assist in other areas of the operation. These areas include OT (Operational Technology) which oversees both surface and underground communications for employee location tracking, mining equipment PLCs and control logic, and the relay of safety and production information, just to name a few.
Before coming to Advantage Technology, I worked in both the healthcare and mining sectors. Working for larger companies allowed me to gain valuable experience working with enterprise solutions such as SANs, VMware, large-scale networks, PBX, mobile device management, and more.
In my free time, I enjoy playing with and dabbling in new technologies and serving on the Board of Directors at Triangle Sportsmen’s Club in Bluefield as an avid firearms enthusiast. I love riding my motorcycle during the warmer months and spending time with my family and two dogs year round.
- Standardized and improved technology footprint across North American Coal division consisting of 3 sites in West Virginia and Alabama.
- Led DFS (Distributed File System) project to establish symmetry to software available to all global sites across the US, Eastern Canada, and Asia Pacific.
- Streamlined and upgraded underground fiber infrastructure at Pinnacle, providing much more reliable communications.
- Bluefield State College, Bluefield, WV
- B.S., Computer Science, May 2005