As a Computer Technician with Advantage Technology, I perform a wide variety of services to an equally wide variety of clientele. These services include routine maintenance such as utilizing software to clean up PCs, virus removal, and hardware diagnostics. My main focus is my current assignment to a large coal company, where I assist them in maintaining their helpdesk. A lot of my work is performed on-site and at locations all over West Virginia, as well as a few in other states.
Before coming to Advantage Technology, I worked for a healthcare company as the Program Manager over their ICF department. I supervised the entire program of roughly 60 employees, and while a fantastic job working with great people and serving the special needs population, my true desire was to work in Information Technology with the computers and equipment that so fascinated me as I grew up.
In my free time, I enjoy tinkering with what is now considered to be 'archaic' technology, 8-bit and 16-bit PCs and related software. In my opinion, MS-DOS is just a cleaner, quicker, and more productive-oriented OS. It hearkens back to an age of great creativity and excitement that just enthralls me. I also enjoy playing video games, mainly old consoles and hunting on my family's property. Because it was a gift from my grandfather, my prized firearm my .35 Remington 760 pump-action rifle.
I am a member at Crow Baptist Church in Beaver, WV, where I serve as a multimedia technician and Sunday School teacher. I am saved and have been a born-again Christian since 1997.
- Attendee at the Goddard Space Flight Center's Space Camp in April, 2000.
- Currently a Sunday School Teacher for 4th-6th grade students.
- Travel to the State of Israel and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- Fundamentals of Positive Behavior Supports, 2012
- Positive Behavior Supports Training Certificate, 2017
- PC&A ICAP Certification, 2015
- Mountain State University, Beckley, WV
- A.S. Legal Studies, May 2010
- B.S. Legal Studies, May 2010
- Virginia College, Birmingham, AL
- M.S. Cybersecurity, May 2012