On July 19th, we held our July Advantage Lunch live from Edgewood Country Club where it was simulcast to Shepherdstown and via webinar. (If you haven’t heard about our Advantage Lunch, learn more at advantagelunch.com) In addition to the pictures and video below, be sure to check out our Facebook photo album!
The topic this month was “Cybersecurity Fundamentals” where we presented the steps you need to take to assess your information security vulnerabilities and get on the road to true cybersecurity.
We are living through a watershed moment for cybersecurity. Just five years ago the entire topic of cybersecurity would have been limited to backroom network engineers, hacking clubs and trade publications. Today, you’re more likely to find it on the front pages of newspapers or the homepage of a news site than not. It’s time that we get prepared and take cybersecurity seriously.
Check out the first part of the lunch presented in 360 video below.
Watch the recording of the enitre webinar here. This is the full, 50 minute presentation.
Fundamentally, cybersecurity is about developing a professional, focused and thorough Information Security Plan. When developing the Plan, or having it developed for you, there are five areas to cover:
- Policy and Procedures – This defines how your technology is to be used and the mechanisms that will be put into place to realize that use.
- Threat Management – Manage network traffic to prevent unwanted data, such as viruses and malware, from entering and stop protected data, such as passwords and identity data, from leaving.
- Endpoint Protection – Prevent users from inadvertently or maliciously violating security policy.
- Security Event Monitoring – Use people and processes to evaluate network events and identify threats.
- Security Awareness Training – Continuously educate users on new threats and how to protect themselves.