As the Lead Software Developer at Advantage Technology, I am responsible for the design, development, and implementation of custom software solutions. I manage multiple projects and see that they are completed successfully and that the customer is happy. I also meet with new customers to determine how Advantage Technology can help with any software needs they may have. My primary focus is database development, data migrations, and custom reporting.
Before coming to Advantage Technology, I worked in the oil and gas industry for 12 years as a custom software developer. There, I did customer software developments from design to implementation. I also did extensive reporting and data migrations into new systems. From there, I moved into the healthcare industry working for a community health network where I developed extensive reports extracted from the Vista EHR to meet the new Meaningful Use standards. I left the network to start a small business, CodeBusters, LLC with my friend and co-worker, Tom Adkins. We developed custom software and reports for many different types of businesses, from hospitals, oil and gas, recycling to school based health care.
In my free time, I like to hang out with my two kids and go on outdoor adventures, such as camping, biking, hiking, and riding. I’m an active member in my community where I coach kid’s soccer and basketball, am a member of the Cross Lanes Baptist Church, and on the welcome committee. I also serve as a community member at the Point Harmony Elementary School’s LSIC Committee and maintain their school website. I pretty much like to do anything and everything!
- Involved in several data migration and reporting projects, doing extensive work using Access and SQL Server.
- Written data loads using SSIS as well as VB Script to automate loading and reporting processes.
- Developed applications that read Excel files, manipulate data, and export the data into other files.
- Extremely competent of how databases work and how to extract and import data from multiple sources.
- DeVry Institute of Technology, Columbus, OH
- B.S., Computer Information Science, May 1996