Richard Wilbur is the Founder, President, and CEO of Advantage Technology. Specializing in enterprise data design by means of the latest virtualization technology, storage systems, and server architecture, Richard is considered among his colleagues as a highly qualified Senior Systems Engineer. Nevertheless, his true passion involves continually expanding the reach of Advantage Technology’s premiere IT solutions to serve businesses and organizations across North America. Beginning as a custom computer shop in a spare bedroom, the company has quickly grown into one of the largest full-service IT integrators in the United States.
Headquartered in Charleston, West Virginia, Advantage Technology services over 850 professional companies and organizations in eighteen states throughout America, and the Canadian Provinces of British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Richard has prioritized an inclusive culture and numerous workflow efficiencies with the purpose of empowering his employees and fostering superior customer satisfaction. By encouraging a decentralized organizational environment, his self-directed and highly skilled employees are motivated to maximize their full potential.
At the core of Advantage Technology is the driving principle that Richard instilled years ago: Our Advantage is Our People. He attributes Advantage’s immense growth to his workforce of talented individuals who maintain superior quality workmanship and always uphold a high standard of excellence.
In addition to Advantage Technology, Richard founded and is responsible for the tech startup, Aridea Solutions. As the sister company, Aridea Solutions aligns well within Advantage’s administrative culture, technical infrastructure, and support staff.
- Founded Advantage Technology over 18 years ago and grew the company from a single employee to over 80 employees
- Increased revenue each year since inception by considerably expanding market share in the United States
- Achieved an annual growth rate of 20% for five consecutive years
- Navigated the company to its first federal GSA Schedule 70 Contract
- Advanced Advantage Technology on the Inc. 500 “Fastest Growing Companies in America” list
- Spearheaded Aridea Solutions to an IoT powerhouse serving customers worldwide
- MCSE, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, 2001
- Comptia A+, Certified Service Professional, 2001
- CCNA, Cisco Certified Network Associate, 2007
- CSSA, Certified Sonicwall Security Administrator, 2008
- CSSA, Certified Sonicwall Security Administrator, 2010 (Aventail)
- CVE 4.1, Certified Virtualization Expert, 2011
- VCP5, VMware Certified Professional, 2012
- VCP5.5, VMware Certified Professional, 2015
- VCP6.5, VMware Certified Professional, 2017
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- Bachelor's Degree, Regents' Bachelor of Arts, 1993 - 1997