Richard Wilbur is President/CEO of Advantage Technology, an IT company located in downtown Charleston, West Virginia. Advantage Technology provides IT services for over 850 professional companies and organizations in West Virginia, Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida and has provided support all over the eastern United States.
While Richard is principally a Senior Systems Engineer, where he specializes in designing enterprise data centers using virtualization, storage systems, and the latest server architecture, his real passion lies in growing Advantage Technology. Richard has empowered Advantage Technology’s growth through the development of workflow efficiencies that translate to customer satisfaction. He has mastered the art of profitability and growth by employing self-directed, self-motivated employees with high-level skillsets and providing them with an environment where they can reach their full potential.
At Advantage Technology, Richard believes that Our Advantage is Our People.
In addition to Advantage Technology, Richard, along with his partners, are responsible for the tech startup, Aridea Solutions. He is responsible for the business decisions, relying heavily on the team of experts he has assembled. Aridea Solutions fits nicely with Advantage Technology’s administrative culture, technical infrastructure and support staff. Richard believes Aridea Solutions is the future of Environment Monitoring.
- Started Advantage Technology over 15 years ago
- Grew Advantage Technology from a single employee to over 70 employees
- Still maintains our first customers
- MCSE, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, 2001
- Comptia A+, Certified Service Professional, 2001
- CCNA, Cisco Certified Network Associate, 2007
- CSSA, Certified Sonicwall Security Administrator, 2008
- CSSA, Certified Sonicwall Security Administrator, 2010 (Aventail)
- CVE 4.1, Certified Virtualization Expert, 2011
- VCP5, VMware Certified Professional, 2012
- VCP5.5, VMware Certified Professional, 2015
- VCP6.5, VMware Certified Professional, 2017
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- Bachelor's Degree, Regents' Bachelor of Arts, 1993 - 1997