As the Sales Director at Advantage Technology, I work with an outstanding team to provide sales strategy, structure and engaged leadership for our regional (and expanding) IT support firm, following a history of holding similar positions with smaller IT companies. I consider the success of my team my greatest career achievement; each has unique skills and harnessing the potential of each individual is what drives me. This role provides me much-needed variety in my workday including responsibilities ranging from training and coaching our sales team and managing our pipeline to putting structure and resources in place for sales activities. I have the honor of acting as the “client voice” in leadership of our company, which is important to all aspects of the business including marketing, product and service offerings, packaging of services and operations/client support. I’ve been charged with growing an efficient sales team to support multiple offices and company growth projections, striving to deliver value in every client interaction and long-term client relationships as a result. I nurture a friendly-competitive culture with high expectations, made reasonable through my servant style leadership, task automation, organization and “all-in” company support for sales efforts.
I also contribute directly to sales efforts by managing client interactions from lead intake through successful project close. This works to keep a pulse on our customer feedback, allows me to relate to my team and provides other frontline insight invaluable to our success. I am always seeking and nurturing long-term, win-win client relationships. In summary, I consider it my mission to create repeatable success in managing our business opportunities and delivery of services.
When I’m not working, I’m sometimes still working. I honestly love my job, and when anyone asks me, I always respond the same. I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t love it. I believe one of the things that attracted me to sales was the ability to own the outcome. I was taught a solid work ethic at a young age; it’s a quality that I hold in high regard along with humility. For that reason, it’s not uncommon for me to work over weekends on a meaningful company project or to respond to emails at midnight. We have a culture that respects personal time, but I’m fortunate enough that my career is also one of my hobbies. That being said, there always has to be a balance and I do all-out enjoy my time off!
People tease me about the amount of recreational travel I can achieve. When the weekend comes, it’s typical for me to take off to a city like Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Lexington, Asheville or Baltimore. If it’s a long weekend, perhaps I’ll make it to the coast. We just roam around, seeing some sights and eating great food. Nothing compares to my favorite destination, the Gulf Coast town I fell in love with several years ago – Anna Maria Island! I am just easing into international travel, but hope to have the opportunity to expand my worldview in years to come. So far, Ireland is one of my favorite spots having stolen my heart with its breathtaking views and the most incredible people anywhere!
I’m grateful for the love and support of my family for this amazing life we are building together. I was lucky enough to stumble upon my very best friend, now my husband, Bradley. We have two wonderful kids, Hannah (15) and Ethan (11) and three crazy dogs! We expanded our family by hosting an exchange daughter, Ena (15) from Valencia, Spain and she will forever be a part of our family. The kids are involved in clubs and various sports, keeping us all busy. We love travel, sightseeing, hiking, swimming, kayaking and camping which is all great to work off our other passion - food. Self-improvement is another personal hobby. I’m constantly learning new things to improve my leadership skills and effectiveness in my industry and role.
- Earned designation of Generation Next 40 Under 40 Award for up-and-coming leaders
- Achieved a growth rate in sales team booked business over three-year leadership tenure: 20.74%
- Experienced fifteen total years of sales success, functioning in IT account management; new business development; and project coordination
- Maintained eight years of 100% client retention in managed IT service, while simultaneously growing book of managed service business by 40x
- Chaired Generation Charleston, the young professional program of the Charleston Area Alliance
- Expanded pre-approved IT services to WV state agencies under ITech07 & ITech10 contract, to include Major Project Implementation for high profile/ value government projects including domain consolidation across executive branch of WV state government
- Successfully introduced and packaged many service offerings, based on client demand and available resources
- Dell/EMC Server Sales
- Dell/EMC Networking Sales
- Dell/EMC Storage Sales
- CompTIA Strata IT Technology for Sales
- Sophos Certified Sales Consultant
- Sophos Endpoint Protection - Sales Consultant
- Hubspot Inbound Certification
- Extreme Networks - 3D Solutions Selling (ESP-3D)
- Extreme Networks® Sales Specialist (ESS) Certification
- VMware Sales Professional (VSP)
- VMware Technical Solutions Professional (VTSP)
- Wheeling Jesuit University, Wheeling, WV
- B.A., Organizational Leadership and Development, May 2010
- Western International University, Tempe, AZ
- A.A., Business, May 2006