As a Lead Installation Technician at Advantage Technology, I take responsibility for ensuring the deployment of new production, retrofitting of infrastructure, and transition to support and engineering teams is done in a manner that meets client expectations and Advantage Technology’s internal standards. I am versed in a wide range of data and telecom systems, as well as the standards, codes, and safety rules that govern installation of data infrastructure.
Before coming to Advantage Technology, I have worked as a Support Team Lead for a cloud hosted VOIP provider. At that position, I provided resolution for client escalations and audited network infrastructure to ensure maximum reliability for telephony services. Prior to that, I worked as a VOIP engineer and infrastructure specialist in Barboursville, West Virginia.
Tech is a passion and skill of mine, but I did not enter the field professionally until later in my career. I have a 22 year history in digital media production, working on film, television, and marketing productions large and small. Additionally, I spent several years in the environmental consulting and recycling business, spearheading one of the tri-state area’s first e-waste recycling programs.
In my free time, I enjoy little league baseball with my three sons, traveling with my wife, and riding motorcycles.
- A serial entrepreneur, I have led three companies through start up phase. Two of these companies are still operating as of 2022.
- Implemented a ticketing system overhaul, helping to streamline the resolution process and increasing the accuracy and functionality of internal standard auditing and technician processes.
- Led a triage team during a system-wide outage from an external DDOS attack that affected approximately 40% of all VOIP traffic on a national scale by coordinating internal response guidelines and educating clients on the root causes of service interruption.
- Built and deployed network and telephone infrastructure for a 125 year old manufacturing entity, which allowed them to capture and analyze data that would lead the company to profitability for the first time in over two decades.
- American Intercontinental University, Atlanta, GA
- BFA, Digital Media, 2005